Last year I had problems with my GCSE classes meeting their coursework deadlines so put a number of measures in place for my current class.
This chart is currently up on the wall in the classroom. Everytime they complete a page they get a sticker to mark the occasion. It helps me keep track of their work and reminds them that they are accountable for making sure their work gets done.
They are 15 and 16 year old lads and competition is fierce amongst them, especially between two of them. As soon as Student 1 saw that Studnet 2 had more stickers than him, all of his work was in the next day.
My favourite moment brought about by the chart was this exchange though. The student in question turned up late and had missed me explain it to the rest of the class. I pulled him to the side and explained it to him.
Student: what are we miss? Five or something?
Me: (holding a sticker to him) so you dont want to put one up for having your homework in?
Student: (laughs) Nah miss (turns to walm away then turns back taking the sticker) Yeah alright then.
I guess you’re never too old for a reward sticker.
- aty-k likes this
- the-girl-done-wrong-again reblogged this from ladycedar
- collybolly likes this
- collybolly reblogged this from little-miss-student-teacher
- catholicaramis likes this
- everyonehasamrb reblogged this from owenmakesstuff
- little-miss-student-teacher reblogged this from ladycedar
- weird-fishie likes this
- thescarletmacaw7 likes this
- cfplayer likes this
- joshisafamehooker likes this
- iamyoursoundtech likes this
- owenmakesstuff reblogged this from ladycedar
- yilibeans likes this
- grammarchicknyc likes this
- motega likes this
- my-textbook likes this
- darthvaden likes this
- eemm- likes this
- jaimejyl likes this
- yepyeahmhm likes this
- bramblecircuit likes this
- fatmisandry likes this
- steveysham likes this
- caitlinsbiroli reblogged this from ladycedar
- ladycedar posted this